Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

From: Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 01:42:27 CEST

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 05:06:41AM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> I send a email asking for permission to print and sell the UF-Poster
> [1] and offered him a part of the profits we would make (and normaly
> take us donation for us).

Thanks, if it would not have been already happened, I would have
suggested that now. :-)

> His contact page says, it might take up to two weeks to get an answer,
> it took him 1 hour 49 minutes.

LOL

> However, here is his answer:
> =====
> You have express permission to sell the Mike posters for Debian!
>
> My share of the profit should be entirely donated to the Debian project.
> All I ask for is a small mention somewhere that says this.
>
> Best of luck with it, and keep up the great work with a fine
> distribution!
> =====

Extremly cool! Thanks, Alex! (Next time we meet, you'll get at least a
coke or beer sponsored from me. ;-)

I hoped that he would make an exception from his quite restrictive but
understandable FAQ, if he get's asked politely and if it's for a good
reason.

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/