Re: LinuxWorld 2004

From: Joost van Baal <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20040630-3@mdcc.cx>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 14:28:52 CEST

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:06:45PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> This mail not yet send to Laurent Joosen, I'd first like to have
> comments from others...

The form for exhibitioners on
http://sites.vnuexhibitions.com/fsmk/images/img.asp?src=pages&id=2798&number=1&type=1&wf=20
states one has to pay at least EUR 545,- to present at the expo.

Could you ask Laurent if there is a Bazaar style corner for volunteer
Open Source projects?

If there is no such thing, I believe those willing to represent Debian
in The Netherlands could better go to Free Software Bazaar in the RAI,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, which is held along SANE 2004 (
http://www.nluug.nl/events/sane2004/ ), on september 29.

Alternative: ask some friendly commercial entity to allocate a small
corner of it's booth at LinuxWorld for Debian.

Bye,

Joost

--
                               . .                  http://mdcc.cx/