Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

From: David N. Welton <davidw@dedasys.com>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 09:10:48 CEST

> > - the "hacking" area wasn't avaible on the first days, so much
> > Debian folks was sitting around at our booth, so visitors (if they
> > weren't to afraid too come to our booth) didn't know whom to ask
> > questions.

My comments don't refer to LinuxTag, but I think this problem is one
common to many events.

The problem is that you are there to represent Debian, and you are
doing a very poor job of that if your nose is buried in a laptop
reading email or hacking.

All it takes to realize this is to watch people come by a booth, start
to say something, note the concentration on the laptoppers face, and
move on.

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/