[LT Infomail#6] Storage, Booth, Parties, Workshopss, Sleeping, Security - Debian

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 23:06:06 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/infomail-6.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Storage Space

   I forgot to tell you that there will be storage space at LinuxTag
   for your bits which you don't want to store within the
   booth. Behind the booths A62, A61, B62, B61, C62 and C61 is space
   you can use. Behind D124 and D126 is space as well. These booths
   will have doors to enter the storage.

   Behind F41 and F43 is the unused part of the exhibition hall which
   can be used to dump random stuff as well.

2. Table clothes

   Tables at exhibitions look better and more serious if they are not
   used naked but dressed with table clothes. You could use dark paper
   clothes that are sold cheaply on a roll. I could also offer to take
   white sheets ("Leinentücher/Bettlaken") with me whch can be used as
   table clothes. They're about 2m wide and 1.50m deep. I don't plan
   to take the entire box with me this time, though, so please drop me
   a line if you want to use them. I'd appreciate if they won't get
   too dirty.

3. Setting up the booth

   It is probably not possible to enter the exhibition hall by car,
   neither from the Ettlinger Straße nor from the Festplatz. However,
   you can enter the Festplatz with your car to unload your
   stuff. Upon entering, you'll have to pay a deposit of EUR 100 which
   you will get back if you leave within a period of 60 minutes.

   If you do so, please only dump your stuff at the booth and move the
   car to a regular parking ground. Stray cars in the hall often block
   the way in the hall and cause problems when they stay in the hall
   too long.

   The booths should be ready to use on Monday afternoon. Network
   connectivity should be ready to use on Tuesday
   afternoon/evening. On some booths it'll be ready on Monday already.

4. KaLUG Party

   Don't forget the KaLUG Party which will take place on Thursday
   evening at the AKK after the show. They will serve food and fluids
   at cost price. It will be organised open air, so good weather is
   guaranteed.

5. Social Event

   If you plan to attend this year's social event please click on the
   Social Event flag in the projects frontend so we get a proper
   number of people interested. The tickets can be purchased and
   fetched at the LinuxTag office at the entrance of the exhibition
   hall at any time before Friday 17 o'clock.

   However, since the number of reduced fee tickets is limited to 150
   this year, only those who have raised the Social Event flag will be
   able to benefit from the sponsored tickets. After 17 o'clock on
   Friday, they will not be reserved for you anymore but will be sold
   at normal price at the entrance of the Social Event.

   Hence, please register if you want to attend the social event, and
   please get the tickets in time so we don't run into trouble. For
   details about the social event please see the [1]FAQ.

     1. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/faq.html#sev

6. Workshops

   The workshop schedule is pretty much filled up, so if you would
   like to give a talk, presentation, workshop, hold a birds of a
   feather session etc. which is not yet scheduled, please get in
   touch with Joey as soon as possible so a slot can be reserved for
   you.

   Since the normal conference program will start at 9 o'clock this
   year (we've had 10 o'clock as start time before), I've opened the
   workshop rooms at 9 o'clock as well. This has introduced six more
   slots that can be used.

7. Sleeping at the AKK

   As it has been said before the space inside the AKK is filled
   up. However, it is possible to sleep at the outside in the
   grandstand which has a roof, and hence is dry even when it
   rains. It'll mean that more people need to get through the showers,
   though. As a note for breakfast: if the weather is fine you can eat
   outside so the AKK Café is not filled up too much.

   If you plan to use a tent near the AKK, please note that there is
   no official camping ground and hence the tents have to be
   dismantled at 8 o'clock in the morning at last. There will probably
   nobody worry about tents during the night.

   Since there will be a lot of people sleeping in/near by the AKK,
   please help those who will host you.

8. LinuxTag WLAN

   Partially independent of the projects network which ought to be
   terrestrial again, there will be a couple of opportunities to get
   to the Internet via wavelan:

   The KaLUG will provide WLAN access in the Stadthalle, the
   conference building. More information can be retrieved at their
   booth in the same building.

   4G systems plans to provide a WLAN mesh network in the exhibition
   hall. Details are probably available at their booth (F103).

   INKA e.V. is providing a certain part of Karlsruhe with gratis
   [2]WLAN access which should incorporate the exhibition area as
   well.

     2. http://www.inka.de/wireless/stadtgeburtstag.html

9. Internet Security

   Please don't use any unencrypted network protocol with personalised
   passwords that are transfered in plain text. If you do so, you'd
   better consider your accound compromised after LinuxTag. This is
   only a warning. LinuxTag e.V. will not be responsible for abused
   accounts, especially not if the corresponding password was blowed
   through the network unencrypted.