Re: Flyer update

From: Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 10:44:53 CEST

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:41:29AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > AFAICT, the flyer is on infodrom.org.
>
> They are on our webpage, too. But not in CVS there, right.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

> > Should it be moved to cvs.debian.org's webwml repository?
>
> The thing is, that most things below the events/materials directory are
> quite huge and don't really need revision control (huge PDFs and PS
> files) and thus were removed from CVS -- they were in there before but
> made problems for the translators because the cvs up got timeouts in
> some environments (beside that they are of no value to the translators
> and "waste" diskspace...).

The only big thing is the credativ logo. I guess that one should not
make it onto cvs.debian.org anyway, however cool those guys are. The
rest of the source is quite small, less than 100KB I'd say.

> > Would that make sure the translation gets updated upon commit?
>
> Not really. There would still be human interaction needed, we don't
> have translation robots, sorry.

Gosh, this is the 2000s, and I still have to keep up with _humans_?

I meant whether the translators get notified automatically when there's
something to translate (or check for whether there's something to
translate) when cvs.debian.org webwml changes.

> And the stattrans.pl script has to be tweaked to allow detection of
> > Is there a deadline for submitting the .pdf? I'll try to go over it
> > again tomorrow for some more improvements. Any wishlists?
>
> Did we make the deadline, btw.? I've read that Michael said something
> about friday, and we finished friday (thanks to #debian.de mob :) but
> I am not sure if they made it?

"I love deadlines. I like the swooshing noise when they pass by"
                -- Douglas Adams

I'm still in contact with the guys from Credativ. They spotted some last
minute fixes and will get it printed today it seems.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer