Re: schedule for DebianDay at LinuxTag 2.0

From: Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 08:49:41 CEST

* Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [2004-05-28 02:33]:
> * Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [040528 01:03]:
>> 14:XX - 14:50 n. n. (Alexander Schmehl?)
>> apt-tools, dpkg-tools and other nice things Debian has
>> (this might become neither a talk, nor a workshop, just
>> a nice session, where the audience is expected to tell
>> the others the stuff they know about all those nice
>> tools, good luck for the one who volunteers to moderate
>> this)
>
> The XX means the following:
> Jonathan said, he could fill up anything from 10 up to 45 minutes. I
> thought, let's have a look how detailed the audience likes it, and when
> he finished start with this semi BOF / whatever / realy unprepared
> semi-workshop-talk.

 I've done a short talk on "Paketverwaltung mal anders" (an english
title for my "mal anders" talk series is still wanted -- suggestions per
PM, thanks) at the Linuxwochen 2002. People were quite interested in
learning about apt-cache and grep-dctrl, apt-get and aptitude. I guess I
could jump in here, if all the others step back and leave me standing
alone in the row (that means, if noone else wants it -- before the talk
will be left off).

 I hope youam hasn't put me on booth schedule at that time, but that
shouldn't be any big problem, I guess, if it is needed. I haven't seen
any answer on that yet, but if you rather like to not do it I can jump
in.

 [following paragraph inserted later]
 Yes, I've read the rest of the mailbox, the talk seems to have been
canceled. The offer still holds, though -- if we find a room and time
for it, we could do it anyway. People will ask at the booth, I guess.

 Btw., does anyone know if seppy is going to come? I still have some of
his foilstickers[1] left which I can bring along, if he doesn't get some
to the LT himself.

 Ah yes, and if someone has an iBook/PowerBook pretty please take your
monitor connector with you. My vaio has the same connector but
unfortunately I am unable to find it currently and doubt that I will,
in time for the LT. I would need one for my talk(s), thank you in
advance!

 So long,
Alf*trying to give somewhat more for the travel sponsoring*ie
[1] <http://people.debian.org/~seppy/foilstickers/> iirc, am offline writing.

--
"Where do you want to go today?
 Somewhere, somewhere you could never take me"