Re: Microsoft at LinuxTag

From: Pierre Machard <pmachard@debian.org>
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 15:11:58 CEST

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 06:29:00PM +0200, Sebastian Raible wrote:
[...]
> as some of you probably already know, Microsoft will be having their own booth
> at LinuxTag.
>
> There has been a discussion on the LinuxTag Mailinglist
> (http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermail/lt2k/2004-May/thread.html#668,
> german), I'll try to summarize it a bit:

During the last two years, Microsoft was attented the "solutions linux"
(French LinuxExpo). Everything was calm, and things went pretty
smoothly. We simply ignore them. OpenSource represent a Market for M$,
so what? People running their booth are paid for it, they are doing
their job. They were attending this event more as a spectator than
everything else.

We have nothing to prove to eyes of Microsoft employees. Stay
yourself :-)

The only thing that it reveals is that FOSS is a real problem for
Microsoft. They consider us a real threat.

My 2¢,

--
                                Pierre Machard
<pmachard@debian.org>                                 http://debian.org