Re: Microsoft at LinuxTag

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 15:05:01 CEST

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 11:29:31AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> > Sebastian Raible writes:
> >
> > > And second, as I said, I want to know whether Debian would join in
> > > informing people about Microsofts FUD. I think it's important to
> > > have something prepared if people should turn up asking stupid
> > > things Microsoft told them were true.
I don't think that this mailinglist is the right place for this discussion.
Anyway I like to comment on it ;)

> > So far, the only one spreading FUD is you.
>
> That statement I cannot accept!
>
> Who called the GPL viral?
> Who called it a cancer?
> Who called Free Software communism?
That discussion is FUD! No matter what they say most of us like and fight for
free speech. IMHO that includes the acception of Microsofts point of view.
So let them tell the people what they believe. Imagine maybe they even join
the social event so that you can throw them into a pool ;)) <-- joke[tm]

Personaly I hope that they will deliver at least free beer that we can enjoy.

*scnr*
Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak