Re: schedule for DebianDay at LinuxTag 2.0

From: Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 00:11:32 CEST

* Daniel E. Atencio Psille <dea@atencio.de> [040527 21:00]:

> Last year it took me more than the 30 (really nice) minutes scheduled --
> and I was only backporting.

I visited your talk last year... well... just a part of it. I was busy
and arrived late, and was suprised to find quite some guys leaving your
talk or which have allready left.

I heard, that you were talking too long about every detail, and lost
your topic, since you talked to much about package building and to less
about the real backporting.

I joined the audience, listened a bit to your talk, agreed with thos who
stand out, and left.

Sorry, but that needed to be said.

> To be honest, I (joining the audience) wouldn't expect too anything
> else than a hard and short HOWTO. As long as you dont intend to do
> more it might work -- but the title arises more exceptions.

Yes, thats exactly, what I would expect from such a talk. Actually I did
one last month in my LUG. The intention is, to allow people, who find
something, which isn't part of debian yet, to install it, without
circumventing the package managment system.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander