Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 23:08:28 CEST

#include <hallo.h>
* Martin Michlmayr [Tue, May 18 2004, 09:59:27PM]:
> * Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2004-05-18 22:11]:
> > Are you trolling?
> >
> > Sarge is not even out, so how could we "support" amd64? I don't think
> > alioth anyway. So I don't see where we 'fail to support AMD64 natively'.
>
> What he means is that people will ask why sarge won't release with
> official amd64 support.

Exactly. It does not look good if booth staff need to grumple and
construct some answer for such fundamental questions. It is even worse
if two different people give different answers and begin to discuss it
in front of the visitors.

Same thing with the Sarge release. There are too many hot topics this
time, and we need clear and constistent answer strategy.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
Mann, wir Schwatten müssen doch zusammenhalten!
		-- Anthony Baffoe (nach gelber Karte zum Schiri)