Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 19:41:34 CEST

Sven Hoexter wrote:
> scnr I know that the discussion of the topic is endless but I guess that the
> booth people will have to deal with it in someway and pure resignation is not
> a good way to present the project.

The best explanation that we could offer is to explain why firmware
blobs in the kernel are problematic (GPL, but no source, hence we
cannot fulfil the GPL requirements), why FDL documentation is
problematic, and that d-i is making good progress (some demo installs
should also be possible since some d-i folks will be around).

This is GNU/Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.