Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:36:36 CEST

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:27:17PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Geert Stappers [Tue, May 18 2004, 10:12:51AM]:
>
> > It will take an investement of 10, one for each arch outside ia32,
> > Compact Disc Recordables (CD-Rs). That way we will known we
> > have an ISO image for the architecture and can show
> > that we support the non ia32 architectures.
> > (No messages on the booth "You have to wait for that arch" ;-)
>
> We need something to explain Debian's failure to support AMD64
> "natively". Some FAQ with good answers written by amd64-port experts, to
> be learned by the booth personal, so we can tell the visitors plausible
> answers.
You need something even better to explain why starge is still in a
pre-beta-testing-not-relaseable-testing state instead of best for productional
use.

scnr I know that the discussion of the topic is endless but I guess that the
booth people will have to deal with it in someway and pure resignation is not
a good way to present the project.

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak