Re: Linuxtag 2004: Different Stuff

From: Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 10:12:51 CEST

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 09:13:10AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Michael Banck wrote:
> > Not entirely related to this, but still: Somebody said we'd have a full
> > mirror available. So perhaps we could have put up signs saying 'CDs for
> > the following architectures available on demand'. If somebody cares
> > about powerpc or whatever, we could burn them a CD which he could fetch
> > later on. I've read that in a report from a UK trade show once and it
> > sounded pretty cool. This should get automated as much as possible I
> > guess.
>
> It's definitively a good idea to provide non-ia32 architecture images
> on demand for those visitors that want to try such an architecture.

Or even available on stock?
The message is: Debian does support the several available architectures.
(that is why I came to Debian (m68k support, somewhere in 1995))

The idea goes like this:
 Burn a CD for each architecture before L.T.
 When there is a visitor with interrest in Debian
 Ask him/her to donate :-)
 Give him/her a CD
 Burn a new CD that has left the booth

It will take an investement of 10, one for each arch outside ia32,
Compact Disc Recordables (CD-Rs). That way we will known we
have an ISO image for the architecture and can show
that we support the non ia32 architectures.
(No messages on the booth "You have to wait for that arch" ;-)

> Regards,
>
> Joey

Cheers
Geert Stappers