Re: Covers for 2004 Pt. I

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 20:54:24 CEST

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 08:05:03PM +0200, Lennart Droste wrote:
> Hey there gang,
>
> so I've been in the lab - literally - and did my first quartett of covers. The
> current sets have been heavily changed from my previous ideas. I did avoid to
> use black as a background - I didn't know about the recent deaths of two debian
> programmers - and I don't want to raise any sad feelings or thoughfull
> connections with the covers.
> http://lennart.droste.eu.org/debian/

I realy like the idea of http://lennart.droste.eu.org/debian/2004_cover_fahrkarte_vorne.jpg
but "Einzelfahrkarte" is misleading! You're allowed to use the CD more then once by definition
the definition of free software.
Additional I think it's too much german for a frontcover that should attract people coming from
different places accross Europe or even from the other side of the earth. And always keep in mind
that you need quite some space for the sponsors.

http://lennart.droste.eu.org/debian/2004_cover_hand_vorne.jpg
That one looks too simple.

http://lennart.droste.eu.org/debian/2004_cover_matrix_vorne.jpg
Matrix style is out and boring.

http://lennart.droste.eu.org/debian/2004_cover_suedsee_vorne.jpg
No space for sponsors left and no Debian colors.

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world