Re: Linuxtag: Boothwear / Catering

From: Christoph Siess (chs@geekhost.info)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 23:02:07 CEST

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 10:54:00PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Another "pool of money" I got from a sponsor can be used for the
> already mentioned "Boothwear" and maybe for catering for the booth.
> First the catering: I dont know if we should ask some business thing to
> bring us things or simply buy the stuff ourself. What do you think?

Well buying stuff ourself might be a lot cheaper. Catering was great
last year... (where some Debian People bought some food)

> The boothwear: As mentioned from different people before we should have
> something unique for the poeple manning the booth. A T-Shirt with a
> special design only for us comes to my mind there. But Im very bad in
> design stuff, so please make some suggestions. IMO it should include
> both, Debian and Linuxtag, ie. be special for this event.

T-Shirt or, what i prefer, some sort of polo shirt. It might be good to
"mark" this shirts with some sort of "Debian Staff" writing on them,
otherwise booth people wouldn't differ from normal Debian guys.

> Quantity: I think about 1-Shirt / day for everyone there. Taking 10
> people/day would give 30 T-Shirts. Of course they are a bit more
> expensive as they are only a small series. But that doesnt matter that much.

sound good.

> What do you think about "Name badges" of metal this year?

If we can afford them - why not :), the usual plastic badges would also
do fine.

--
"Before you criticize someone, walk
a mile in his shoes. That way, if