Linuxtag: Sponsoring of Travel Costs for Debian (Booth) People

From: Joerg Jaspert (linuxtag@ganneff.de)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 22:15:07 CEST

Hi

Sponsoring of Travel Costs for Debian (Booth) People

Well, I have a statement from a sponsor (he wants to remain private) here,
stating that he gives us some money for the travel cost of people around
Debian, doing stuff for the Debian Booth at the Linuxtag this Year.

The criteria for this are simple:
- You do work for our booth at the Linuxtag or the Debian Day.
  That means working as booth staff for at least one shift (IIRC the
  shift was about 2 or 3 hours last year) or giving a talk on the
  Debian Day.
- You arent rich. :)
  Well, I cant control this really. I simply need to trust people
  here. But if you can afford the travel costs by yourself without big
  problems please dont ask.

That shouldnt be too hard to fulfill.

The way it works is simple too:
Mail me your request to linuxtag@ganneff.de, stating
- how much money you need (Train, 2. Class is preferred :) ),
- on which days you plan to arrive and leave,
- if you can prepay for it (ie. I give the money to you in Karlsruhe)
  or if you need it before that and
- what you want to do for the Booth.

I collect all this and then assemble the list of people getting
money. In the mid of May I will send a mail to all people that I plan to
give the money. Those People need to answer this mail until end of
May. That answer is then treated as a clear "YES, i come". Not coming
to the LT then means money back (for people getting it before).
I dont know how I can get them to send it back, but maybe with a
personal visit? :)

I hope thats not too confusing, if it is, well, ask me. :)

--
bye Joerg
(Irgendwo von heise.de):