Re: Talking about Cds .... LinuxTag 2004?

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 21:20:09 CET

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 08:57:55PM +0100, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > We'll give away a CD/DVD with the sources only uppon request.
>
> With the space of a DVD, I'd rather include the sources than more
> architectures or packages.
For what reason would you do it? ATM we can accomplish the GPL and other
licence without including the source with the binary files. To be honest
I don't think that more then 0,5% of the people getting a CD/DVD from a
exhibition will look after the sources of the packages included. If you
start hacking some software you'll do it with the latest upstream version.
For any other cases it's still possible to get the source from a Debian
mirror near to you. So I see no reason to "waste" space with source
packages.

Anyway has someone found out something about the possibility to create
multi-arch boot CD/DVD?

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak