Re: Talking about Cds .... LinuxTag 2004?

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 19:25:47 CET

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:59:45PM +0100, Daniel E. Atencio Psille wrote:
> |>Sven Hoexter wrote:

Hi,

> | Well best is to take it all but be warned testing is a hart and time
> | consuming task. Building the image itself is not that hard at all ;)
> | Anyway you need to coordinate with someone in germany so that he can burn
> | and test your golden master and sent it to the cd manufacturer when it's
> | ready.
>
> Piano, piano, please ;) I offered assistance that's all I actually can
> guarantee. I'm currently in a job change which means that I've got
> plenty of time now but can't see how my situation in April will be.
Ok so I suggest you get in contact with Joerg Jaspert
<joerg at debian dot org> and coordinate with him how you can help.

> Anyway, are there any testing guidelines? Rules or anything describing
> methods, criteria and similar? I'm not afraid of a time consuming task
> as it encourages me in trying to get as much as possible done now.
Test as much packages as possible and try the installation on all hardware
avaible for testing. That was my guideline last year ;)
AFAIK there are now offical testing guidelines or something like this.

> Is there already someone who will arrange the production of the CD? As
> this would be my first "CD of Mass Production" (scnr) there may be some
> information I better should be aware of.
Looks like Joerg will take care of the booth and the CD production.

> OK, just because I'm courious I'll investigate the technical
> possibilities regarding a dual-arch booteable CD/DVD. I know, that ppc
> and ix86 may use different formats (filesystems, bootsectors? dunno)
> since I've got some CD with different content depending on what
> machine/OS thei're mounted. I'm still guessing but this would be the way
> I'd try to get the different bootloaders to work. I'll keep you informed.
Fine :) Sound like an interessting topic to work on, what a pitty that I've to fight
with math and electronics instead ;)

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak