Re: Talking about Cds .... LinuxTag 2004?

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 18:45:11 CET

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 05:14:49PM +0100, Daniel E. Atencio Psille wrote:
> Sven Hoexter wrote:

> | LinuxTag 2004. First I'm unable to manage or master stuff for the LinuxTag
> | this year. If I would like to have a chance to pass my exams I've to
> | concentrate on school so no time for other things. Sorry.
> |

> I probably can assist in building the Image but I have no DVD-Writer
> (only a CD-Writer) so actually writing specimen for testing purposes
> would have been done by someone else. CeBIT is too close, but LinuxTag
> would be manageable.
Well best is to take it all but be warned testing is a hart and time
consuming task. Building the image itself is not that hard at all ;)
Anyway you need to coordinate with someone in germany so that he can burn
and test your golden master and sent it to the cd manufacturer when it's
ready.

> | Ok now for some general stuff:
> | I would vote for DVDs with Knoppix and Sarge with D-I. Donno what's
> the state
> | of debian-cd is ATM but I hope that it can do the job. This needs to be
> | checked by the one who is mastering the CD, I only remember a discussion
> | about a debian-cd rewrite on the debian-cd mailinglist.
>
> As we're talking about a DVD - would it be (technically) possible to
> produce sort of a multi-architectural DVD? One that could be used on a
> Mac as well as on a ix86, IA64 or SPARC? I don't know much about the
> technical details but I think this could be a really interesting Ad ;)
I don't think it's possible with sparc but ia64 might be possible if the
boot stuff hasn't changed.

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak