Re: Small note about CeBit

From: Norbert Tretkowski (tretkowski@inittab.de)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 08:18:27 CET

* Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Perhaps you could even ask Norbert "nobse" Tretkowski if makes sense, to
> put X4.3 on it (since it is needed by quite some newer computers).

It doesn't, too problematic currently, because it breaks some packages
from woody (e.g. those which depends on xlib6g).

I think the following backports are intesting:

- mozilla 1.6
- mozilla-firefox 0.8
- mozilla-thunderbird 0.5
- xfree86 4.2.1
- cdrtools 2.0a25
- samba 3.0.2a
- kernel 2.4.24 and/or 2.6.2

These packages are already available on backports.org, and I hope I
can update the kernel packages to 2.4.25 and 2.6.3 next weekend.

Norbert