Re: Small note about CeBit

From: Alexander Schmehl (alexander@schmehl.info)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 20:10:43 CET

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [040223 18:17]:

> Does it make sense to produce new woody CDs at this point? OTOH, I don't
> know whether CeBIT has the right attendence to give out Sarge
> prereleases...

We have two possibilities:
- create or working, well tested Debian installer disc within one and a
  half week (CeBit starts on the 18th of March, accordig to Amu
  production and shipping of the discs take nearly 14 days, so the image
  must be finished (=created and tested) by the 4th of March.
- update the LinuxTag 2003 image, include the security updates, replace
  the kernel (IIRC some modules of the used kernel had unresolved
  symbols), and perhaps even add some of Nobses backports.

Since I'm moving this weekend I'll won't have time to do any of this
possibillities.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander