Re: FOSDEM Booth

From: Dalibor Topic (robilad@kaffe.org)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 17:46:02 CET

Hallo Roland,

Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> David N. Welton wrote:
>
>>I am citizen of the US, though, so I do (as far as I know). Mine is
>>about to expire, and I know they always ask for it at checkin time on
>>the plane...
>

> I'm aware that you are an American citizen, but I'm still pretty sure
> that you don't need a passport to travel within the EU once you're
> there. Since there aren't any proper borders anymore, there would at
> least be no way to enforce that...

I believe this depends on the countries participating in the Schengen
Agreement (so UK is a special case, for example), and on their visa
regulations with respect to your home country and country you live in
(regional terrorism and immigration scares) if you're not a citizen of
one of the EU or Schengen Agreements countries (a subset of EU, afaik).

cheers,
dalibor topic
(traded in my stateless status for a EU citizenship and never looked back ;)