Re: Reviews from PI Giessen, LIT Dresden, LWE Frankfurt (Sorry, I'm late)

From: Alexander Schmehl (alexander@schmehl.info)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:49:59 CET

* Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [031218 17:04]:

> Now that HP officially says it's doing Debian support, can we recommend
> them to european customers of that order of magnitude? Are there any
> other support people who could handle 10'000 installations?
>
> Or should DDs at trade shows rather stay neutral and say: 'Debian does
> no support, go find out yourself who does it'?

It would be contra productive to do that. We go to trade shows to help
people, leaving them alone is no choice.

I think the best way would be to make clear, that we don't sell
support, but that companies exists, which support Debian, and have some
examples by hand (which are of course only some examples of many).

At least DDs should point visitors to
http://www.debian.org/support#consultants

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander