Re: Linux Days Luxembourg

From: Axel Beckert (abe@deuxchevaux.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 09:13:57 CET

Hi!

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:29:33AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:53:02PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > There is one TP connection for us, so I'll bring switch and a few TP
> > cables. Sven and Bob: Can you bring TP cable for your boxes, too?
>
> I have one cable, but it is crossed only.

That's maybe useful, too, as I haven't a crossed one at home (but may
take one from my employer)...

> I don't believe my ethernet card can handle that, but maybe your
> switch can ?

AFAIK it can.

> If not, i can always go out and buy one.

I don't think that this is necessary. Just wanted to get sure, we
don't run out of cables. But I'll see, if I can lend some from my
employer. (Haven't som much spare cables at home, either. :-)

> As for timing, i will arrive friday morning only, so if there is some
> place free for my box, and maybe someone willing to help me take the
> things out of the car. I suppose i will have to drop the stuff and then
> drive the car to a parking lot a bit outside of the town or something.

I think, that's really no problem.

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/