Re: Linux Days Luxembourg

From: Axel Beckert (abe@deuxchevaux.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 00:12:40 CET

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:32:42PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Any news on possible arrangement of this kind for this year, or even
> recomendations for hotels and such ?

Only one possibility for (as far as I understand) at maximum 3 persons
(of which two of them need camping mats and sleeping bags) and one
recommendation (youth hostel) so far. :-/

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:10:44PM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Some information (at least about a youth hostel) was posted last year:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2002/debian-events-eu-200209/msg00030.html

Yepp, the URL mentioned there is also the URL I found:

| From: mike@cluon.priv.at (Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr)
| Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:34:44 +0200
|
| there's one youth hostel in town:
| http://www.youthhostels.lu/e/auberges/luxembourg/auberge.html.
|
| dorm room goes for EUR 15.5, linen included.
| no curfew, flexible lockout. checkout 10:00.

No curfew and flexible lockout sounds very good if not ideal for us.
The prices probably won't have changed much since last year and are
IMHO ok, if there are 4 or more beds in one dorm room. I guess that
most of us would be fine with paying the appropriate fraction (I
expect 1/4 or less) of the price above per night. Please let me know
if anyone listed on

    http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~abe/debian/linuxdays.lu.2003.html

and marked as "needs sleeping place" is _not_ ok with this. (Sorry for
opt-out, but there's not much time left. :-)

BTW: Anyone knows details about Grisu's visit? Does he need a sleeping
place? From when to when will he come?

With Grisu we need 6 sleeping places, maybe one more for Christoph, if
he'll decide to come although he was ill last week and has to catch up
some work now.

| reservations by fax or e-mail.

Also by web, the page says, but:

% Please choose a valid date.

[Of course I did. :-]

% Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in
% /home/www/libs/php/phplib/php/session.inc(272) : eval()'d code on
% line 1

*grmpf*

I'll phone there tomorrow morning and try to reserve a dorm room from
Thu to Sat (2 nights) on the name "Axel Beckert / Debian". Depending
on how many beds are in one room and personal preferences some of us
(especially those who like it calm) may have a look at the offer of
Guilain shown below, which was the only answer Dali got so far on his
inquiry:

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:13:19AM +0100, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> From: "Guilain" <gdev@n4u.org>
> Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:29:41 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Linux-Help] LinuxDays Debian booth and sleeping
> opportunities in Luxemburg
> To: Dalibor Topic <robilad@kaffe.org>
>
> On 30 Oct 2003 at 0:59, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm one of the guys manning the Debian booth during LinuxDays [1]. As
> > a non-luxemburger, I'd be pleased to hear some recomendations from
> > locals (i.e. you) for cheap opportunities to stay overnight for a day
> > or two during linux days in luxemburg.
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance for your help, and see you at the debian
> > booth!
> >
> > Dalibor Topic
> >
> > [1] http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~abe/debian/linuxdays.lu.2003.html
>
> Hello,
>
> What about coming to my place, it's a bit out of the city (Bertrange
> - west of Luxembourg) but calm & restful ;-)
>
> We have a 1 person bed if this is enough (but I can accomodate for
> some (2+1) more)
>
> I will also attend (some) of the conferences.

P.S.: I'll try to get my car equipped with four seats in time, but
      can't promise it. (Need to mount the rear seat belts before...)
      Anyone else will come by car, so we have a dynamically allocable
      transportation possibility. Or is public transport in Luxembourg
      also available in the late night?

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/