Debian at Solutions Linux 2004 (Paris - February 3rd to 5th)

From: Julien BLACHE (jblache@debian.org)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 20:03:43 CEST

Hi,

Solutions Linux (formerly Linux Expo) 2004 will be held in Paris
(CNIT, La Défense) next February (3rd to 5th - that's Tuesday to
Thursday).

Debian will have a booth in the .org pavillion ; I've taken the
responsibility for the booth.

A couple of people have volunteered already, but of course we need
more !

As usual, we'll need demo machines, switches and the like, tables and
chairs, posters, flyers, CDs/DVDs, goodies, etc... Posters (made by
Ayo), CDs/DVDs and goodies have been incredibly popular last year ; we
ran out of CDs pretty fast, finally sold all the DVDs, and the goodies
were all sold after the first day. IIRC we had something like 30 DVDs,
50 or so CD sets, 20 or so tshirts and a couple of baseball caps.

There should be a pile of leftover flyers from last year, they can
probably be reused if we don't release Sarge before February (I hope
we will, though). I don't know whether Thomas still has them
somewhere.

It'd be great if we could find some sponsors who could either lend us
demo machines or pay for some of our expenses.

Any help will be welcome to organize, prepare and run the booth
through the 3 days of the exhibition.

Here are the opening hours :
 Tuesday: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm
 Wednesday: 9:30 am to 8:00 pm
 Thursday: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm

Feel free to contact me if you want to give a hand,

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer        |       <http://www.debian.org>