Re: -Events-

From: Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 13:51:35 CEST

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:31:19PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I say "No" to that. It doesn't fit in with Debian, at least not the
> > Debian I (and a majority of our users, I think) like.
> >
> > Debian is, among other things, *lots* of platforms. "identical
> > hardware" would mean i386, probably. Would *look* "professional", but
> > wouldn't look "debian".
>
> Do you really believe many people will notice the difference between an
> X desktop on i386 and an X desktop on powerpc? I'm all for an additional

No, they will not. I brought a powerpc box this time, and the most
people noticed was the nice case which contained it. The desktop shown
was a straigthforward gnome desktop, exactly the same i also use on my
x86 box, which is one of the strength of debian. There where at least
two people asking about the Hurd machine though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther