Re: Language of talks at LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 22:37:48 CEST

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 01:15:47PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Several talks were already delivered in English. Even if the talk
> > was held in German, most speakers could be questioned afterwards
> > in English.
>
> As this is -events-eu, I take it you talk about the debian-day? I know
> you organize LT, but nevertheless I think it would be wise to keep the
> scope down to what's on-topic for this list. Martin did his talk in
> english, as might have Jörg, I'm not sure. I'm just asking for a general
> policy for next year so people can adopt to it.
>
> I already proposed: 'English slides, talk either in german or english,
> by request of the audience'

Err... well... no... In the above, I was talking about the main
conference program, one part I'm not involved in, though. Spaking of
the Debian Day, I don't think there was a single English talk.
However, maybe tbm's 'State of the Nation' was delivered in English.
However, before the event started nobody murned bout only German talks
during Debian Day. Hence, I wonder quite a bit...

Could you write a short text which could be used as mandatory document
for a talk during Debian Day next year, which I could adopt on the web
pages?

Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.