Re: Congress of the European Webmasters Association in Nuremberg, Germany

From: Werner Heuser (Werner.Heuser@web.de)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 20:09:48 CEST

> The association has recently decided to employ the DEBIAN GNU/LINUX
> distribution in its international webmaster certification program and
> therefore likes to invite a speaker, who is affiliated with the Debian
> project to talk about the advantages of Debian as a communication server
> platform on the second day of the conference (September 27).

Hello,

I could to the presentation. Here is a short proposal of topics,
which should be covered. I could do it in English as well as in
German.

        Werner

Debian/GNU Linux for Communication Servers

- The Debian Philosophy
- Package Management
  * General Adavantages
  * Bugtracking System
  * Package Tracking System
  * Quality Assurance
  * Security
- WWW Application Packages
  * HTTP Server (apache, ..)
  * Application Server (Zope, Midgard, ..)
  * Content Management Systems
  * Scripting Languages (PHP, ..)
  * XML (DocBook, ..)
  * Other (Website Meta Language, ..)

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86