Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Stefan Gybas (sgybas@provective.de)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 11:33:41 CEST

Martin Schulze wrote:

>># Blackdown JDK
> I believe we should only distribute software which is considerably
> free.

Ok, that's fine with me. I just posted my additional entries from
/etc/apt/sources.list. However, it would be nice if I didn't get 3 mails
per week from people asking me how they can fulfil tomcat4's JDK
dependency (even if this is mentioned in the package description)...

> One of the requirements for additional packages for the Knoppix
> DVD is that the software needs to be free. It would be real ashaming
> if the Knoppix DVD would only contain free software and the Debian CD
> made of the Debian Team would contain non-free software.

JRE 1.3 and Acrobat reader have been part of Knoppix for a long time,
even the CD edition. So unless Klaus has removed them, there is still
non-free software on Knoppix. It's not that I like this, but there are
no fully viable free alternatives. :-(

Regards
Stefan Gybas