Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 13:01:18 CEST

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 12:03:42PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Am Fre, 2003-06-06 um 07.26 schrieb Josef Spillner:

Hi,

> > > I have asked around and quite a few games people are interested in a
> > > discussion about the topic, about 45 or 90 minutes.
> > > Would this be appropriate for a workshop slot?
> > > (Using "Freie Spiel- und Lernsoftware und der Jugendschutz" or a similar
> > > topic.)
> > Well, if it should be a discussion, you should find someone that is pro
> > the new Jugendschutzgesetz, or the whole discussion will not be too
> > interesting. But I have no idea where to find such a person :-)
>
> In general I like the idea.
I don't like it. IMHO those "regulations" or "protections" are nothing more
then censorship with a bright shiny looking. It's at the parents to protect
there children and if the children are able to circumvent the protection they
should have the right to do/look what they want. If they decide that they want
to look this brand new action-murder-blood-splatter movie they should.
Ok that's my own opinion and I guess that's quite off topic here.
Please, if you feel that you need to comment on it write a pm.

> You should try to find somebody from the FSK/USK
> to attend and/or some politician (see the last but 1-3 c't magazines that
> listed some). A panel discussion does only make sense if both sides are
> represented (pro and contra).
Well having people from the USK there in a discussion would be nice but I
guess that they don't know very much about OpenSource so this might be a
chance to open the mind of a few persons bevor we go into a discussion
without a base. As long as they don't understand what opensource is and
where excatly our problem is the discussion would be worthless.

Sven

--
It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
You want to know her like she knows the whole world