Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:55:34 CEST

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:07:19PM +0200, Joerg Rieger wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:21:30PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:54:51PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > > So, shall I put the discs in a safe, before I leave, the kid not
> > > allowed to play, and the kids, which might come this year, too, told,
> > > they won't get a cd, and somebody must start a knoppix splitoff without
> > > games.
> > If you want to be 100% sure that you can not be sued under this law that
> > would be one way. The other way is to pay about 1000EUR and let people
> > from the USK(?) have a look at it. Ah and I guess for every change you
> > make you need a new certification.
>
> Yes, I think so, too. But as you mentioned paying isn't a long term
> solution since every new game entering Debian would have to be
> certified again.
>
> Has anybody contacted the Bundesministerium about a special permit ?
I would like to know how SuSE, RedHat and other handle this issue.
Maybe they go the "Microsoft" way and say that it's just a distribution
with games as add-on. In general Debian doesn't have this problem
cause Debian is not distributed on media by the Debian project itself.
In our case this problem only is handed over to the distributors.

Sven

--
It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
You want to know her like she knows the whole world