Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 12:21:30 CEST

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:54:51PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de> [030603 22:35]:

Hi Alexander,

> So, shall I put the discs in a safe, before I leave, the kid not
> allowed to play, and the kids, which might come this year, too, told,
> they won't get a cd, and somebody must start a knoppix splitoff without
> games.
If you want to be 100% sure that you can not be sued under this law that
would be one way. The other way is to pay about 1000EUR and let people
from the USK(?) have a look at it. Ah and I guess for every change you
make you need a new certification.

> Sigh, that seems quite unfair, and I see a proper solution.
I will not judge if it's good to call the "no risk no fun" method
a propoer solution.

> > > So what about this "solution": Everyone at the booth formaly gets his
> > > own quantum of discs, for whome he and only he is responsible. So I can
> > > give the seventeen year old teenager a disc, and if a "official" sees
> > > this, he will sue me, since neither you, nor grisu or joey are
> > > responsible for my act.
> > I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how a court would judge in such a scenario.
>
> If we have a "hacking area" behind our booth like last year, I could
> put the private disc stock (or perhaps even some burned one - that
> would look quite more like a private gift) there. And if a youngster
> wants to have disc, I take him with me behind the wall, and give him
> the disc there.
Yeah let us take free software to the black market! ;)

Well my point is that I'm not willing to kick out nice free software
just because some mad politics. _I_ will not give away CDs to minors
cause of this law what you do is your decision. My personal advice
is to explain the situation and don't give away CDs to minors.
What you really do is beyond my possibilities to control.

> Or we just hope that all kids arrive with their parents, or that they
> prohibit them to visit LT (and any other event).
>
> God damn it, it keeps on making no sense at all.
Full ACK.

Sven

--
It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
You want to know her like she knows the whole world