Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Nicolas Kratz (nick@ikarus.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 02:56:20 CEST

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:44:59PM +0200, Christian Weerts wrote:
> Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > Christian: What about adding a ironic label to the cover "18+ only" or
> > something like this?
>
> Hmm, is it useful? I think making such a label has two problems:
>
> a. "Officials" see that and think "Hmm, let's take a close look to
> the CD." - maybe you could run in difficults.

If the "Officials" take a look at the CD and there is no such label,
_then_ there could be trouble, whether legally grounded or not. Other
way around, with label: They say "You cannot distribute the CD to
minors", then we say "We don't. Haven't you read the label?" Not likely
anyways, IMO.

> b. People under 18 are awaking and think "Hey, what to hell is on the
> CD that they give it only to people 18+?". Maybe they dissapointed if
> they "only" find Tetris or something like that.

But they will take a very close look at it. And by the time they figured
out that it's only tetris, they already learned a lot about Linux.
That's all we want, don't we? ;)

Cheers,
Nick

--
|          What your soldier wants -- really, really wants --          |