LinuxTag - 2003

From: Andreas Mueller (amu@tr.debian.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 15:22:52 CEST

LinuxTag 2003 is starting soon...

LinuxTag 2003
July 10th - 13th, 2003
Karlsruhe, Germany

If your`re listed here you got your login:

http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/

Members of project Debian:

Ahmet Akilli <akilli at ug.bilkent.edu.tr>
Alexander Schmehl <schmehl at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
Alexander Wirt <formorer at formorer.de>
Andreas MÃŒller <amu at tr.debian.net>
Andreas Tille <tillea at rki.de>
Arne Wichmann <aw at linux.de>
Ayman Negm <a.negm at hamburg.de>
Daniel K. Gebhart <dkg at con-fuse.org>
Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione at fabbione.net>
Gergely Nagy <algernon at debian.org>
Jan-Hendrik Palic <palic at billgotchy.de>
Joerg Wendland <joergland at debian.org>
Jörg Jaspert <joerg at debian.org>
Martin Loschwitz <madkiss at madkiss.org>
Martin Michlmayr <tbm at cyrius.com>
Martin Schulze <joey at infodrom.org>
Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org>
Michael Bramer <grisu at debian.org>
Michael Meskes <meskes at debian.org>
Noel Koethe <noel at debian.org>
Ozan Turksever <ozan at goldnet.com.tr>
Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org>
Simon Richter <sjr at debian.org>
Sven Hoexter <sven at stormbind.net>

Sleeping Space:

It is possible to stay at the gym hall named AKK with other project
members during the nights if you don't want to go into a hotel. Please
mark your entry in the projects interface if you want to stay there, so
that we can calculate. Please use AKK for the name of the sleeping place
if you want to stay in the gym hall. It is not yet clear how much
breakfast will cost, but it's probably something like 1-3 € per day.

url: http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/nili.php3

Workshops
Just like last year we have the opportunity to use two workshop rooms
that offer space for about 50 people. If you want to give a talk for
organize a Birds of a Feather session, just drop joey a line and he'll
reserve the room for you. At the moment, these rooms don't have a beamer
yet.

Hardware :
Alexander W. : HUB, a NetworkCard and some cables.
Arne W. : beamer, sparc, i386, 3 TFT
Noel K. : webcam
Roland R. : alpha
Joerg W. : 2* i386, kable, switch
Andreas M.: Sony PS2
Gergely N.: mac68k

There are 3 i386, 1 Alpha, 1 Sparc, 1 mac, 1 PS2 this should
be enough. Fabio posted a mail:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2003/debian-events-eu-200305/msg00034.html

Booth-plan
The plan looks like this, 3 persons for 2h, 1 person stay ready upon
request. At Saturday and
Sunday ( many people expected ) we run with 4 and 1 ready for request.
Booth Personal wear a free debian-shirt with a name plate, somebody is
able to print them ?

Please resend to me

Name:

setup booth Wed. 7- 22 < >

TH 9-11 < >
      11-13 < >
      13-15 < >
      15-18 < >

FR 9-11 < >
      11-13 < >
      13-15 < >
      15-18 < >
SA 9-11 < >
      11-13 < >
      13-15 < >
      15-18 < >
SU 9-11 < >
      11-13 < >
      13-16 < >
booth degration
      17-18 < >

Keysigning:

at LinuxTag 2003 in Karslruhe/Germany there will - of course - be a
keysigning party. It will probably be on Saturday, July 12th, in the
afternoon.

For this to be efficient we will use Len Sassaman's Efficient Group Key
Signing Method[0]:

You have to send in your key to ksp-lt2k3@palfrader.org by Saturday,
July
5th, 2003. I will then prepare a text file containing the necessary key
information which you will have to download. Compute the MD5 hash of
that file and bring a printout together with the MD5 hash to the
keysigning party.

For more details see <URL:http://www.palfrader.org/ksp-lt2k3.html>.

How to Get There

LinuxTag will be held in the Convention Center (in German: Kongress- und
Messezentrum Karlsruhe, or KMK) in central Karlsruhe. Please note that
Karlsruhe has a number of other trade fair venues! Ignore the many signs
in and around Karlsruhe pointing the way to the "Neue Messe" (new
fairgrounds) on the outskirts of the city. To get to LinuxTag, follow
the signs for "Kongresszentrum" or "Stadthalle". The venue is located at
the fairgrounds ("Festplatz") at the north end of the city park
("Stadtgarten").

The talks will be held in the auditoriums located in the "Stadthalle"
building. The exhibition will take place in the "Gartenhalle" on the
opposite side of the grounds.

Lageplan:
http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/lageplan.html
Anreise: http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/de/expo/booking.html

KA-Party n/a
Linuxtagparty n/a

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me

Cheers
amu