Re: Debian Day @ LinuxTag 2003

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 10:04:02 CEST

    Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
    > > We have been offered nine talks by seven people for the Debian Day.
    > > There have been very little requests for topics though, hence, I
    > > wonder if people are interested in a one day mini Debian conference
    > > during LinuxTag at all.
    >
    > I am still interested in having the talk. If you need the slides for
    > review i plan to have them ready approx. in 20 days from now.

    It would be perfect if the slides would be online before the
    conference and we could already link to them.

    Once a talk is accepted, I'd like all speakers to submit a short
    abstract, that will be referenced from the schedule page[1], so people
    actually know what the speaker ist talking about. See the keysigning
    workshop for example, which already provides such an abstract.

    > > There won't be a keysigning party at the end of the Debian Day, since
    > > weasel maintains a general keysigning party which will be held on
    > > Saturday[1], so there is no need for a second one.
    >
    > afaik weasel only announced the keysigning party only for DebConf3 [1].

    He also told me that he's working on the same for LinuxTag, and has
    things set up already. He was the first reserving a workshop room,
    btw.

    > It would be a good idea to prepare the same for LT considering that there
    > might be much more people involved.

    Already done.

    Links:
     1. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/workshops.php3

    Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry