Re: [Peter.Schmitz@heise.de: Re: Freie Linux-Distributionen und das neues JuSchG (was: Gesetzestuecken)]

From: Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 12:00:30 CEST

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

    > grep-available on it:
    > alfie@minos:~$ for i in $(cat 1_NONUS.packages_v4); do \
    > grep-available -FPackage -sPackage,Section -X $i; echo; done \
    > | grep-dctrl -FSection -sPackage games | cut -d' ' -f2
    > [snipped]
    >

    > animals, gnome-card-games, gnome-games-locale, gnome-gnomine, koules,
    > mirrormagic, nettoe, pysol, tipptrainer*, tuxtype, typspeed, xblast,
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm the maintainer of tipptrainer. It is in fact no game but just
    educational software. Unfortunately Debian is missing an apropriate
    section. I would definitely vote for a policy change to add a section
    which should be^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hhas to be created.

    I guess to tuxtype and some other packages might apply the same.

    > xgalaga, xletters and zivot. There might be some additionally in wrong
    > sections, though.

    > No. We should pay 1000EUR that we get legitimation to provide games on
    > a CD that we are allowed to hand people _younger than 18_. You don't
    > have to pay anything if you only hand those CDs to people that are 18 or
    > older. While the law might be a good idea by itself there must be found
    > a way provided for producers of free games that are not that expensive.
    > It can't be that people have to pay for things they don't sell to be
    > allowed to distribute them.
    It would be crazy if we would be able to move non-US to official Debian
    distribution and have to create a non-CHILDS instead because of stupid
    German laws.

    Kind regards

             Andreas.

    --
    Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
    John F. Kennedy