Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 01:22:56 CEST

    Joerg Wendland <joergland@debian.org> writes:

    >> No. However, as a compromise you could place a sources.list.addons in
    >> /etc/apt/ and tell people about it. We could also spend a paragraph
    >> in the README or index.html to link against apt-get.org so people can
    >> search for packages there as well.
    > Why not apply a small patch against apt-setup and let the installing
    > user choose? A simpler approach could be a required package asking the
    > user (beneath an explanation of the risks) if she wants to use unofficial
    > sources.

    base-config package. Simply add a small shell script there that does
    the thing. Use of debconf, ask "Do you want some additional
    sources.list entries" and if yes simply insert them.
    (I changed base-config on the LT2002 CD. Its simply, the things in it are
    just numbered shell scripts using debconf. Well, the things important
    for this :) ).

    --
    bye Joerg
    Die Dicke zum Spiegel: Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die