Re: status update LT 2003 CD

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 19:25:57 CEST

    ok a small status update. It's mostly something like a bugfix release in
    reaction to the recent security fixes.
    I installed this release on my testbox at home and I will test it tomorrow
    in the office on a few test machines.

    Ok now for some questions:
    Should we include a modified sources.list containing unoffical sources with
    a big fat warning or as an alternativ a second source list with unoffical
    stuff? sourceslist.d would be great but the apt in woody doesn't support this
    so it's not a option.

    Is somebody collection sponsors and information about them for the README
    files etc.?

    Is Christian working on the covers? IIRC we stopped this discussion in the
    past without a result.

    Joey, there is a somewhere a double space in the README.linuxtag canyou kill
    one?

    Ah and now I'm thinking about rebuilding the boot-floppys cause a friend
    encountered problems with a new Intel eepro chip (Thanks for testing Dennis).
    Well this is not a show stopper but it's anonying when your network doesn't
    work out of the box. Anyway I've to collect and read some documentation bevor
    I try this.

    Just for the sake of it I started reading the pgi documentation. If I've the
    time I'll try to build something up with pgi.

    That's all for the moment. More information on open issue can be found in my
    todo list.

    Here we go:
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/changelog.sven
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/todo.sven
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/MD5SUMS
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/1_NONUS.packages_v4
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/woody-i386-1_NONUS_v4.raw
    ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/woody-i386-1_NONUS_v4.raw.bz2

    rsync should be avaible too

    One more thing: Please give me some feedback! At the moment the comments are
    realy rare. Most input was some ranting about the installer and that wasn't
    usefull.

    Sven

    --
    It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
    You want to know her like she knows the whole world