Re: Going from LinuxTag to DebConf

From: Arne Wichmann (aw@net.uni-sb.de)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 20:36:41 CET

    begin quotation from Michael Banck (in <20030216151035.GA19621@blackbird.oase.mhn.de>):
    > On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 03:01:26AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
    > > > 2.) Will you go from Karlsruhe to Frankfurt Hahn per car or train?
    > > > 3.) Have Frankfurt Hahn a train station?
    > >
    > > There should be a bus between Franfurt/Main Hbf and Frankfurt Hahn, as
    > > far as I know...
    >
    > Please note that Karlsruhe -> Frankfurt -> Hahn almost doubles or at
    > least significantly enhances the distance you have to travel. Going from
    > Karlsruhe to Hahn directly sharing a car would be easier, in case you
    > can leave the car there during deb{camp,conf} without paying insane

    I remember there is a Bus from Idar-Oberstein (which is the nearest Railway
    station) to Hahn Airport. That would make it KA-Idar-Oberstein by Train and
    Idar-Oberstein-Hahn by Bus. This might save some time. On the other hand, as
    you mentioned, there are adequate parking opportunitites, which makes it
    worthwile to drive at least one direction together. www.bahn.de. tells me
    that the traveling time is 4:30...

    cu

    AW

    --
    <ThePhonk> *tueteKlammernUeberVariableAuskipp* Dereferenzier Dich, Du
    +Miststueck!