Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Rémi Letot (hobbes@easynet.be)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 01:19:35 CET

    Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

    > On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:32, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    >> * Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [2003-02-04 22:55]:
    >> > Martin, are you the person who is managing this? If not then who is?

    >> I've been offered a stand for Debian, but I'm too busy right now to
    >> manage this. If you are someone else would be willing to
    >> coordinate things, that would be appreciated.

    > I'm also very busy right now. Perhaps Remi would be a good person
    > to co-ordinate this? Remi has an advantage by being more attached
    > to Belgium than either of us (whether the .be in the email address
    > means a citizen or a resident of Belgium it's surely a greater
    > connection to the country than I have). Being "local" does help in
    > running such a stand, local knowledge will make it easier to arrange
    > things (being able to refer people to local LUGs, help arrange
    > meetings, etc), and I think it gives a better feel for visitors to
    > the booth.

    Ha ha, great prose :-) Ok, being a "native", I'll take this if noone
    else steps in. Be warned though that I don't know anything about the
    organisation in place, and that I can't be there before or after the
    fosdem days.

    Anyway, Martin, can you tell us what information you have for the
    booth? Who to contact if needed, when to setup, dimentions, what comes
    with it (besides net and electricity), how many computers we can
    show,... Is that info available somewhere? The fosdem.org site seems
    quite empty for "exhibitors".

    Also, can anyone who comes to the booth provide info about when they
    come, what they bring, anything usefull to know what we have and
    what we need. I'll collect informations from now on and setup a web
    page to summarize things if needed.

    <couic>

    Cheers,

    --