Re: Re: CeBIT

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 15:14:09 CET

    vognsen@esenet.dk wrote:
    > I'm not sure that I get your point entirely Michael. You two folks
    > will take the booth for the entire Cebit, and then we will just show
    > up when we are there ??

    That's what I understood as well. This will cause the minimum trouble
    with setting up, dismantling and opening the booth each day and
    coordinating with Linuxland. I fully appreciate this.

    Please keep in mind that there is only space for _one_ Debian person
    at the both. When there are more Debian people, it means that there
    is not much space left for customers of Linuxland and/or visitors of
    the booth/sub-booth.

    > I think that's a little bit too unorganised. The idea is fine: two
    > have some permanent personell, but we'll need to coordinate the rest
    > of us somehow, so we don't have 7 people showing up when there's no
    > need to.

    In general, there is no need to show up at all for any more person
    since it's a small booth without much space.

    If you plan to travel to CeBIT only for helping out at the Debian
    booth, don't travel. Stay at home and fix two bugs, that's much more
    help for the project. However, if you are at CeBIT anyway, there's
    nothing wrong with meeting at the Debian booth for keysigning and a
    small chat. For this I propose a meeting at say 14:00 - 14:30 each day for
    those who attend CeBIT as well.

    > And secondly: do we need to be 8-10 people to make the stuff ? I

    s/stuff/staff/? If so, then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we only need
    exactly one person for the booth.

    > think I heard one of u saying that we had only the need for two
    > people at the same time.

    No, two people is the absolute maximum that is possible.

    > With you two making it for half of the personell, it will be about

    100% of the personel

    > one day pr. person....

    I'm pretty sure there are pictures from the Linuxland+Debian booth
    from past years. Could somebody dig one out and post a link?

    Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber