Re: Urgent: HCT 2003

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto (fabbione@fabbione.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 22:14:49 CET

    On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Martin Schulze wrote:

    > I guess, it's high-time to check if everything is in place for the
    > booth at the HCT starting on Thursday (if I'm not mistaken).

    Definitly a perfect idea :-)

    > So on Thursday there should be enough people to set up and maintain the
    > booth. What about machines and other equipment? Is everything in
    > place? Is everybody taking enough power chords, power expanders,
    > network cables and hubs/switches with him?

    Do you have the same powercords/adapter we have in dk???
    stupid question but an aswer will simplify a lot my life :-)

    > The above lists 5 machines, but Fabio, Gromit and me will probably
    > take a laptop with us, so we need at least 8 ports. Since large
    > network cables are not too common, I'd suggest the booth uses an own
    > switch/hub to connect to the NMMN network so we can use smaller
    > cables.

    I can take some cables and the c2924 (26 ports) but i won't be there
    before friday. Otherwise someone must tell me asap where i can send them
    via DHL/UPS or whatever and i can ship them on monday. They should arrive
    before thursday. I might be able to bring 2 laptops. not sure yet since
    one is only half working.

    > Fabio offered to take a hub and two switches with him. Currently,
    > especially since nobody else offered network equipment, I'd like him
    > to take one switch with him if that's possible.

    no problems at all.

    > For the WLAN station, I'd say it would be fun and Gromit could
    > demonstrate how it works with an iBook, but that would only be an
    > extra attraction and not a required one. So, if you have some place
    > left, Fabio, please take the WLAN station with you.

    No problem. If someone can provide me technical details of the network
    setup i can preconfigure the network equipment to avoid problems at the
    booth.

    PS even if thursday I will not be there I can provide you IPv6
    connectivity if not already there. So please mail me in case someone wants
    it and I will do that on the fly otherwise I will connect it on friday.

    > For entrance, I guess that when I arrive, I can phone Gromit so he
    > picks me up at the entrance if the entrance people don't know me. For
    > Fabio, I guess that it would be the easiest if he received Gromit's
    > cell phone number (if he hasn't negotiated with Wolfgang yet).

    Thanks i did got the phone number. I will call him during this week to be
    sure everything is in place.

    > Anything left for me to check?

    keysigning?? ;)

    Regards
    Fabio

    PS I suggest to organize evenings and dinners directly there. also because
    i espect most of us staying in different places of the city...