Re: LinuxTag CD bzw. DVD

From: Christian Weerts (chw@ffis.de)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 21:19:04 CET

    * Sven Hoexter <sven@telelev.net> [021226 19:03]:
    > On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 04:30:42PM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
    > > Hello
    > Hi,
    >
    > > Last year we make a LinuxTag-CD in the last days befor the LinuxTag.
    > >
    > > Maybe we shoud make this 'this year' better and start now...
    > Uhh you're very early this time ;)

    Better early than never ;)

    > > The last three years we make a CD. Maybe we should make a DVD now. The
    > > content of the DVD:
    > > - a normal knoppix (default boot item) (700 MB)
    > > - a normal debian install system (200 MB)
    > > - a debian mirror (sarge) (rest)
    > >
    > > comments?
    > Well I think we've two points here for discussion:
    >
    > 1. CD vs. DVD
    I prefer CD instead of DVD.

    > 2. What does it cost and how much money do we have?
    > Do you have any information about the costs for DVD vs. CD?

    Take a look here:
    http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/cd.html

    The prices not actual, but they may could give a first overview.

    Last time I create the covers for the CD. If no one else is doing this
    job, I'll do it again. Any idea about the front-cover?

    Greets,
            Christian