Re: Debian @ HCT 2003

From: Werner Heuser (Werner.Heuser@web.de)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 20:22:27 CET

    > What about extending it to "Free Software on Mobile Devices" with
    > Debian as the preferred collection of FS?

    Yes I will consider that. But I need some time to prepare the talk.
    How long has the talk to be? I would prefer half an hour.

    Werner

    PS: FYI and criticism a short proposal:

    - Why Free Software on Mobile Devices?
      o low development costs
      o short development cycles
      o no license costs
      o using standards
      o quality of the programms
      o ...

    - Linux PDAs
      o AgendaComputing Agenda VR3
      o SHARP Zaurus
      o Open Palm Integrated Environment - OPIE
      o ...

    - Linux on Laptops and TabletPCs
      o ...

    - WLAN HotSpots around the world maintained by the community

    - Community Projects
      o http:://linux-on-laptops.com
      o http://mobilix.org
      o http://familiar.handhelds.org
      o http://opie.handhelds.org
      o ...

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
    |=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86