REPORT: webb.it 2002

From: Federico Di Gregorio (fog@initd.org)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 01:13:09 CEST

    hi *,

    webb.it 2002 terminated on sunday afternoon but only now i regained
    enough strength to write this report. ;)

    2nd and 3rd days were much more crowded than first one, with lots of
    people looking for the Free Software/Debian booth to ask for info or buy
    some of the merchandise (Debian, FSF Europe and Samba T-shirts, Debian
    woody CDs burned on-the-fly...) we sold over 100 CDs and about 170
    T-shirst (Debian one, not counting FSF & Co.) the money just paid the
    material and printing cost but we now have a stock of ~180 t-shirts that
    will be used in the next italian events. surplus money will be used in
    part to produce new merchandise and in part sent to SPI.

    almost 40% of the people coming to the booth never heard of Debian or
    Free Software. it was a pleasure to talk to them and explain about our
    philosophy.

    Debian island in the arena was quite crowded on saturday but did not
    attracted many "foreign" people. we probably need to think about some
    kind of "show" for the next year.

    the two nights were amusing with a gigantic (500 people involved)
    water-gun war (first evening) and a concert of the GEMBOYS band (second
    night). the arena was open 24/24h and nobody had more than 4h of sleep.

    the organization was perfect. all the people involved did a great job
    and debian people were provided with staff passes. the booth had power
    outlets, network connection, tables and chairs and anything else needed.

    some photograph of the event are available at the following urls:

            http://www.bigpaul.org/webbit/index.html
            http://www.flexer.it/contents/gallery/webbit02/
            http://superdido.com/paolo/pics/mygallery/webbit/02/index.html

    see you next year at webb.it 2003,