Re: debian presence at webb.it 2002

From: Joost van Baal (joostvb-debian-events-eu-20020618-98@mdcc.cx)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 01:09:29 CEST

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:21:03PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> the webb.it 2002 wil be held from 5th to 9th of july in padova, italy.
> here is a copy of the wml text i sent for inclusion in debian news.

I made some minor typo-corrections. See below.

> From passion to profession: Webb.it is the biggest italian
> meeting about computers and technology for hobbists and
> professionals alike. Webb.it is an event dedicated to software
> development and programming, web design and graphics, new media,
> hardare and networking and even marketing and business.

From passion to profession: Webb.it (http://www.webb.it/) is the biggest italian
meeting about computers and technology for hobbyists and
professionals alike. Webb.it is an event dedicated to software
development and programming, web design and graphics, new media,
hardware and networking and even marketing and business.

> About 1000 "resident" partecipants will attend the Webb.it with
> their computers, to live and sleep in the Arena, always connected to
> the high-speed intranet, with a 156Mbits connection to the
> internet. Other will be there to attend some of the 300 and more
> workshops or to just hang around in the area outside of the arena
> where the sponsors and variuos companies will have their booths.

About 1000 "resident" participants will attend the Webb.it with
their computers, to live and sleep in the Arena, always connected to
the high-speed intranet, with a 156Mbits connection to the
internet. Others will be there to attend some of the 300 and more
workshops or to just hang around in the area outside of the arena
where the sponsors and various companies will have their booths.

> Debian will be present with some space in the Free Software booth
> (outside of the arena) and with an "island" inside the arena. The
> island will be signaled by a 4m tall totem with Debian spirals on it
> (and some posters carring information about Debian activities at the
> Webb.it.)

Debian will be present with some space in the Free Software booth
(outside of the arena) and with an "island" inside the arena. The
island will be indicated by a 4m tall totem with Debian spirals on it
(and some posters carring information about Debian activities at the
Webb.it.)

> Some Debian developers and entusiasts will be there to install
> GNU/Linux on visitors machines and help anybody wanting to switch
> from proprietary to free software... After a long time this is
> another opportunity to put names and email addresses to faces and
> personalities.

Some Debian developers and enthousiasts ill be there to install
GNU/Linux on visitors machines and help anybody wanting to switch
from proprietary to free software... After a long time this is
another opportunity to put names and email addresses to faces and
personalities.

> i am quite tired and i'll bet my english is suffering from that, so if
> you spot errors just tell me and i'll fix and resend to joey for news
> inclusion.

Thanks for making the first draft!

Bye,

Joost

--
Debian is brewed longer for a stronger, fresher taste.
                  Rob 'robster' Bradford on debian-devel, June 2002