Re: review: Linux@Work Frankfurt

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:44:32 CEST

Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> - We were the only booth from a Linux distribution, so we needed to
> handle the question from Debian interessted AND the request from
> people, who barely know, what Linux. Allthough we were 3, we were
> very busy handling all the questions. Keep in mind, that most people
> will come in the pauses between the notes.

Sounds successful, thanks for running the booth.

> - The "booth" was very small, we had only one table, which could care
> two notebooks and some flyers.

Yes, that's the usual situation at Linux@work shows.

The main interest lays in the talks and booths are only a nice addon.

> - I can't say how much visitors we had.
> I think nearly every visitor got an LT CD and Michael took 1/3 of his
> box of CD's back. And If I remember correct, a box contained 125
> CD's, so realy raw guess would be about 85 Visitors.
> Hmmm, coming nearly direct from LT that sounds quite small. Chris,
> Michael: Feel free to correct me.

That indeed sounds very little. I had expected some 100-150 visitors.

> - Did I mention, that food and drink was for free?

For you as well? For business people attending the show, that's the
regular case, they pay for the conference and for food. Oh, and food
needs to be good, becaus at least that part is remembered when somebody
asks them, so good food implies a good conference which can imply another
visit next year. :)

> One final point: They handed out some advertissment for the LinuxWorld
> Expo in Frankfurt at the end of october. As Michael Meskes told me,
> Debian could get a booth, and I'm willing to help, but I will spend
> much time in september and october for the orientation week for our new
> students, so I would be pleased, if we could plan it early.

Nice to hear. If somebody goes to LWE, please take some pictures.

Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.