Re: some extra LT review points ...

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 00:00:08 CEST

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de> writes:
>
> >> We should put some computers at the booth and every computer have one
> >> debian person. Also every demo-point show one topic, like
> >> Installation, SE-Linux, package-building, apt-get, ...
> > Couldn't this be done with your own laptop on request. At least I did
> > so (with exception of the first two items).
>
> Only if you have one. :)
> We should setup all machines in mainly the same way.

But they should look differently, so the visitor becomes aware fo the
fact that Debian does not try to synchronize the user to use only one
single interface (like some other distros do, by installing KDE as
default). Show the variety, I'd say.

> If they are just used for the Linuxtag (and get a new setup after it)
> then with root pass of debian and a user linuxtag with pass linuxtag
> and sudo rights for linuxtag for all commands without pass.

Well, and disabling rsh/telnet/ssh access from the outside world.

Anyway, all booth machines should have one LinuxTag account sharing
the same password. This account doesn't need to be known worldwide
but every person at the booth should know the login:password
combination so he can start the machine, log in and demonstrate
things. sudo access for apt-get (it should be ok to reduce the access
to apt-get) would be required as well.

This is something we definitively should keep in mind.

Hmm, looks like I missed that on <http://www.debian.org/events/checklist>

> > Good idea. And we also need squealing penguins as HP to attract people
> > ;-))))
>
> Oh NOOO :)

Exactly. No no! Very bad idea. I fully support you here.

Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry