review: linux@work in milano

From: Federico Di Gregorio (fog@initd.org)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 01:36:14 CEST

hi *,

today i have been at linux@work in milano. unfortunately things were
organized in a hurry, so we didn't have t-shirts or cds; just 150 b/w
fliers printed on my cheap lp (quite good quality.) at the end of the
event we ended with about 40 flyers (so, about 100-120 people came to
the linux@work.)

yesterday i was told there was a 30' slot for a talk about debian. i can
tell you an audience can't be easily moved to think debian is the best
platform even for business (because of it be completely free, stable and
coherent), but after my short talk 10-15 people came to the debian table
asking for more information with questions like "so what differentiaties
dbeian from other dists?" quite good, i think.

the table was located (togheter with other from fsfe, assoli, and some
free software-based companies) just out of the conference room in a very
nice place. i have to admin that logon did a great organization job. :)

see you at the webb.it 2002 report (just after 5-7 july),
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog@debian.org